Newark Hockey Club Summer Coaching
We are delighted to be able to offer members the opportunity to participate in small group coaching sessions over the summer.
These sessions will be run in accordance with England Hockey guidelines to ensure the safety of players and coaches.
We are grateful to The Magnus School for offering us access to the pitch, but please be aware there is no access to toilet facilities on site. We are also indebted to our team of volunteer coaches who are giving up their time to enable us to offer this opportunity to our members. Please can you read the important guidelines below and if you have any questions please contact either Shanade Bradley (email@example.com) or Ann Crockett-McLean (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Each session will last one hour with 15 minutes between to ensure social distancing can be maintained.
Each session costs £3 and needs to be pre-booked and paid for.
We can accommodate up to 20 players per session, across four groups of five players.
All players aged 13 and over are able to attend the senior coaching sessions on Tuesday evening (men), Wednesday evening (women), Saturday morning (mixed).
All players under 13 should attend on Sunday mornings.
1. Small groups of up to five players and one coach. We are planning to have four groups for each session, so up to 20 players and four coaches.
2. Follow Public Health England advice for good hygiene at all times by washing hands before and after the session. Please avoid touching gates and fences.
3. Maintain 2m social distancing unless you are from the same household and NO TACKLING
4. Use your own equipment ie stick and ball and avoid touching equipment not belonging to you. We can lend you a ball which will have been disinfected. Players should have gum shields and shin pads.
5. Do not attend if you, or anyone in your household, is experiencing Covid-19 symptoms or if you have been asked to self-isolate.
6. Please pre-book and pay for your session (see below) as you are not permitted to access the pitch unless this has been done.
7. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your sessions starts. Try and leave a bay between you and the adjacent car. The session lead will let you know when you can access the pitch.
8. Please warm-up safely before your session using the grass areas within the car park. Parents of U18s must supervise this warm up. We cannot take responsibility.
9. Follow social distancing when accessing the pitch. We will ensure the first session players have exited the pitch before allowing the second session to enter.
10. Parents of Under 18s must remain insight of their child, outside the pitch for the entire session and respect social distancing.
11. There are no facilities such as toilets available on site, so please prepare yourself beforehand!
12. We will have a designated first aider at each session and they alone will administer any required first aid and take precautions such as wearing gloves and a mask. When you book your session, we will ask for emergency contact details and any medical conditions you feel we need to be aware of.
Please select a session to book. More sessions will be added in due course.