Committee Meeting Synopsis Date: 6 February 2017 Present: Arran Coggan, Tim Burch, Simon Higgs, Jade Feavyour, Craig Joynes, Dave Colcomb, Loren Venables, Ann Crockett-McLean. NOTE: THESE ARE NOT THE MINUTES
1. Apologies: Ben Eagles
2. Finances - Budget has been updated. Pitch not as expensive as planned so improved financial position. Memberships and subs still outstanding but taking time to check though payments. Query should the membership secretary be replaced by ‘subscription secretary’ to enable treasurer to be able to do job. Email to go to captains RE money to be paid and a reminder about filling in official sheets for match tax.2 paying in books to be requested from bank. Insurance may need to go up due to the amount of kit now stored in the container. Audit required.
3. Kit - Ladies sponsored jackets at printers. Coaches jackets reordered with new design. Pleased with hoodies from Mad Dog. Mad Dog at junior training on the 19th Feb. Shirts – all sizes ordered by rep and when they arrive he will bring them to training for people to try.
4. Section reports
Men’s section - 1s top of table. 2s mixed results but out of relegation. 3s won their first game of the season. Few new people turning up. 3s training needs a bit more structure – consideration for next season.
Ladies’ section - 1 and 3 top of league. 2s need to move up table to avoid relegation. New captain for 3s.
Juniors - Struggled to train in January due to weather. Hosted U14 development league (won one and lost one). Gearing up for inter-hockey. Badgers still unbeaten. ACM spoke to Notts clubs about a Nottinghamshire badgers league as England hockey leagues involved too much travelling.
5. Teas - Discussed paying for teas when matches are cancelled at short notice due to weather. Agreed to pay Flowserve regardless.
6. Sponsorship - Sponsorship to roll through to 17/18 due to late arrival of kit. Additional letters have gone out to various companies.
7. Social - Quiz night 25th Feb – All teams to promote. Banner on website. Costs need adding to FB. End of season do venue still to be confirmed but Flowserve deemed too far out.
8. Pitch - No response from Magnus on lights and pitch condition as back to how it was before. Can Easter visit from pitch layers be brought forward?
Congratulations to TB for county roll of honour at sports awards.
Players still on wrong side of pitch during games. Sign needed.
Still haven’t received grant for trolley from Newark sports council.
First aid course very successful. Contents of kits needs checking by captains and compared by ACM list. CJ orders 100 ice packs. On appointment captains need to have clear jobs list so they know what they are responsible for. This will include keeping first aid kits topped up. Also to highlight problems should be escalated to club captains. Accident logs to be kept by secretary.
Mixed game next round 19th Feb away at Peterborough. Over 40 quarterfinals 12th Feb at home.
LV been down to junior training and provided head shots for board. potential new coaching coach willing to support juniors.
Clubmark released – development officer to prioritise.
Training too late for younger players. Another night required. Can the conversations be started again with the Magnus. Next season can period between xmas and half term not be scheduled for before 11:30 to avoid having to cancel and rearrange. Likewise can junior training start 1 hour later. Committee agreed to principle.
Gender disclosure query – England hockey rules state ‘other’ category to be used. ST has written blurb to add alongside this with reference to EH.
Flowserve had list of names of those players 18+ so they can be members. Cards to be issued.
LV to do online EH safeguarding and create factsheet for others.
Junior member wishing to run summer camp to raise funds for Madagascar trip. Under 12s at Magus in May. Club agreed to contribute to pitch costs.
Next meeting will be full committee on the 6th March 7:30 at Oscars